Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bargain Banter


Recently we both decided that a little bargain hunting was in order so to satisfy our need we visited the Marion markets located in the suburb of Marion, Adelaide. We’ve noticed that there aren’t many great places to snatch up vintage bargains in Adelaide so we’re going to try and find as many good places as we can to recommend to you guys!

The market was made up of numerous amounts of cars in rows with there tables lined up next to one another- not as professional as some but still just as good! Many of them had neat displays set out with all the wonderful items you could buy. It does depend on where you come from, as I know it can be called a car boot. If you are down in Adelaide and find the need to go some bargain hunting just as we did, the market is held on the first and third weekends each month on the Marion oval.

We started at one end and worked our way round, finding this strategy worked best as you had a chance to look at almost everything that was on offer there. As we scanned the stalls, we sorted out the good from the bad, finding items that we liked and then navigated our way back to snatch them up.

Molly
[Top left hand corner: black bag, Sportsgirl bag and nail polish]
[Top right hand corner: Sportsgirl nail polish and vintage bangle]
[Bottom left hand corner: Sportsgirl bag]
[Bottom right hand corner: Black faux leather bag] 
I bought these lovely 2 bags, which to be quite honest I do not need, but a girl can never have too many! I have been hunting down big shoulder bags for a while as I only have small cross body bags. I love them because they are different compared to you everyday plain bags.

The Black bag is faux leather with a golden chain and a tassel attached to the zip. The bag reminds me of a Chanel bag, apart from it isn’t. I really wish it was, but I will hopefully be able to say I own one when I am older, this cost me a big total of $5.00.

The second bag is a brown/ caramel colour with small close studs on the bottom and then spread out as they go further up the bag. It has two small pockets at the front and compartments inside also. This cost me $8.00 and is from Sportsgirl.

I also bought a nail polish and vintage bangle. I am obsessed with nail polishes at the moment and love trying new colours I wouldn’t normally be my cup of tea! The vintage bangle is so sweet and exactly what I love, as soon as I saw it the first time I was looking round, I had to go back to buy it. Luckily it was there and I grabbed it straight away. It wasn’t cheap, as it was $6.00, but I loved it and couldn’t say no!

Nadine
[Top left hand corner: JAG purse and bracelet]
[Top right hand corner: Black blazer and scarf]
[Bottom left hand corner: Sportsgirl bag and scarf]
[Bottom right hand corner: vintage looking bracelet and wooden bracelet]
I was absolutely thrilled with the purchases I made – a bag, purse, blazer, scarf and 2 bracelets.
The bag I managed to snatch up for a whole of $8 dollars, which I think, is amazing seen as it is Sportsgirl branded. A nice rich browny colour, it has a lovely weaved pattern on the front sitting just underneath the cute little tassels that hold a gold bead at each end. It even has pockets at the sides which is great because I always find it annoying carrying around a drink bottle in my hand.

The purse was another great bargain, only costing me $3. Its this wonderful reddy/brown colour with beautiful vine like patterns imbedded on the front. Tiny gold studs outline the JAG purse, (I know! $3 for a brand new JAG purse!) with numerous card slots filling the inside to make sure everything is kept in its place.



The blazer is very 80’s inspired (think Lady Gaga too), with large shoulder pads and darts to give it that feminie feel. It’s a nice woollen like material on the outside- perfect for the colder months coming ahead. I got this little beauty for only $5.
   
The last items I bought were the two bracelets- one has a very vintagey feel while the other one is very earthy looking, jungle-esk in a way. The first bracelet looks similar to many bracelets glued together as it has different colours and patterns in the one bangle. The second bracelet is a lot simpler – a small gap with the ends rounded in serves as the feature of this hard, wooden bracelet. Each bracelet only cost me $2!

xoxo molly&nadine

Disclaimer:  We both bought all products and haven’t been paid to write about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate that you took the time out of your day to comment, thank you so much. We hope you continue to enjoy our blog :) x